Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet 16!!!!!

Today is our darling daughter Jess' 16th birthday!!!! Has it been 16 years???? Surely not, she's my 'baby' ... how can she be becoming a young lady already???
But she is, and she's wonderful!!! Happy birthday gorgeous girl!!! This was her cupcake birthday cake last Sunday, tonight we're having IceCream birthday cake ... and on Sunday there's another birthday cake. This girl really know how to stretch out a birthday LOL!!!!!



I got an award last night from the beautiful Kris thanks so much Kris, you've put a big smile on my face :o)!!
The meaning of this award:
This blog invests and believes in Proximity- nearness in space, time and relationships.
These blogs are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends .
They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement!
Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut ,even more friendships are propagated.
Please give more attention to these writers!

And I'm supposed to pass this award on to 8 fellow bloggers, to include the above text in their blog. So ..... I'm choosing Jeanette and Julie who I met through my JoyPatch business and have shared many emails with and become good friends with; Milah who has often got fabulous family history stories on her blog, love it; Maria , my 'mortal' in the Stitcher's Angel swap - I'll be visiting in 2010!!! Dawn - we did a Christmas swap last year and have shared some fun emails AND we're doing it again next Christmas!!! Julia, one of the many ladies I'm enjoying making the hexagon quilts with at The Great Hexagon Quilt-along; Laila, who was my Stitcher's Angel last year and made me some beautiful gifts; and lastly Cheryl because I love her new free Veranda Veiws BOM that she's so kindly doing for us all AND I've also just joined her PIF :o).
As I look through my sidebar though, I realise you're all deserving of this award :o)!!!!! I love to read all of your blogs!!!

That's all for now.....
Take care

16 comments:

debbie said...

Hi Joy, have a 16 year old who's name is Jess as well. Short for Jessica. So Happy birthday Jess. She is my baby as well.

Lurline said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica - you are a gorgeous 16 year-old 'Baby' - to use Mum's words!
Hugs - Lurline♥

wonderwoman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jessica - hope you had a great day - i would add that all great people are born in January - nothing to do with the fact that mine is the 16th!!!
thanks soo much for the award Joy - you are a sweetie!

xxxxxxxxx

Julia said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica ...beautiful sweet sixteen!

Thank you Joy for the award, I am honoured!
Julia ♥

Julie said...

thank you so much for the award joy, i'm feeling special!
happy birthday jess bear!
julie xox

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the award Joy. I was so touched. I had a hard time choosing 8 people to pass on the award to.

Happy Birthday Jessica.

Jeanette. :)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy! Here I am -made it for a visit before bed! And you're very welcome for the award - it's been wonderful to get to know you via email and I can't wait to meet up for coffee in person one day - they'll never shut us up! Tee! Hee! Hee! Lots of chatting and giggling, I think!! Oh - love your little Featherweight machine - how cute!! What about FiFi - classy, a little old fashioned and hinting at excellent breeding!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Happy stitching, whatever name you decide on! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Happy Happy Day Dear Miss Sweet 16, hope you've had a wonderful day Jess. Hugs to you joy for the award.
Have a great week...Dawn x

Milah said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!

Joy, Thank you for nominating me for this blogging award. I'm truly humbled. Now the hard part is picking 8 deserving bloggers to pass it on....only eight! I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight trying to narrow it down:D

Sharon said...

Hi, Joy!! I just popped over from Milah's back porch and I absolutely LOVE your blog!! I'm so glad to have found you. I'll be coming back often and I'm going to have a lot of fun with your ideas. I hope you don't mind but I'm putting you on my list of blogs to follow. I'll see you soon. Oh, forgot to tell you, my daughter is also named Joy. Jessica is indeed a beautiful girl and it sounds like she really enjoyed that sweet 16. Driving is next? Hold onto your heart! Till next time, God bless. Sharon

clare said...

Hi Joy good luck in my giveaway .
Clares Craftroom

Lori R said...

Hi Joy,
Milah sent me! Happy birthday to your Jess (my Colin just turned sixteen on the 4th) and I love your pink pengin baskets! I've made a few myself. Very fun!

Winona said...

Hi Joy, Milah sent me over. I have enjoyed reading your blog. A belated happy 16th birthday to your daughter. I will be back. Winona

Laila said...

Hi. A late Happy birthday to Jessica.
Thank you for the award Joy.You are soooo kind to me.
Big hugs from me :-)

willowberryd said...

Hi Joy,
thanks for the award... a little different to others, I like that :-)
My next block will be ready on Feb 1st....
have a happy stitching day!