Friday, August 10, 2012

A couple of things to ‘show and tell’

Some finishes … Firstly the quilt I’ve made for my very first Grandchild (due any day now, how exciting!!!).
This is the front – I thought I had a better pic of the applique’ but I can’t find it!! If you click on the pic you’ll probably be able to see it better … DSC00087and here’s the back – it’s ‘quilt as you go’ so the back is pretty too Smile.DSC00088
I also made a Christmas project for the weekend retreat I taught at in Bundaberg last month, 5 pretty stitched snowflakes on a Christmas Tree Skirt …
and it’s another ‘quilt as you go’… July 2012 007So it’s reversible too!!! July 2012 008I’m making another one in a completely different colourway now – how cute are these fabrics!!?!July 2012 010
This will be just one of the MANY projects I’ll be taking along on the retreat I’m going on next week. Reckon I’ll have plenty to choose from Winking smile.
Hope you’re having a fabulous week ……….

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Gawjus quilt for your special little one. It is so beautiful Joy. Love your Bundy project too.

Terry said...

That baby quilt is beautiful! :0)

Christine M said...

Your baby quilt is lovely Joy. I bet you're getting very excited now!

Dawn said...

Love the baby quilt Joy and that tree skirt is wonderful, and quilt as you go, fabulous
Hugs Dawn x x x

Allie said...

Joy that baby quilt is too, too darling! I love both sides, lol! Very sweet. Love the tree skirt, both versions, that bird fabric is so cute!

Fiona said...

Lovely baby quilt and Christmas tree skirt.... oooh... new baby.... you will be a GAWJUS gran...
Hugz

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a GAWJUS baby quilt!! How exciting that your grandbaby is almost ready to greet the world and pour love into your life, hon!! \o/\/
So very happy for you, nana. :-)
Big hugs
Jen
xxxxx

Maria said...

Your new Grand Baby's Quilt is really Gawjus Joy....
Nice christmas Tree Skirt...
have fun at the retreat.

Love Bears All Things said...

I really like the idea of Quilt as you go....the pieces you've done are lovely.
Mama Bear

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh heaven's Joy that bubby's arrival has come around quick. Bet you are getting excited. Beautiful cute litte quilt and gorgeous Chrissy sewing.

Chris H said...

Your baby quilt is gorgeous... so cute and pretty.

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.