Thursday, May 21, 2009

Finished!!!!

I can't believe it ... I finished it. This has to be the quickest I've ever made a quilt, talk about a deadline LOL. I started cutting and sewing on Sunday and I just finished putting the last stitches in the binding this morning!!AND I'm actually ahead of time :o)!!! I'm so pleased with this quilt ... I'm really hoping FIL will love it too. It's nice and lightweight due to the bamboo batting (a dream to work with!!!) and the size is just right - about 50" x 50". I made it quilt-as-you-go ... a big timesaver :o).Another BIG bonus is that most of the fabrics were in my stash ... just had to get a bit more for the borders.We'll give it to him on Saturday when the fam come over for a bbq to celebrate his 83rd birthday!!
Yay, another May finish on my OPAM list :o)!!!

6 comments:

Gail said...

Very Lovely! I must look up the way you do Quilt as you go, mine didn't come out like that and I swore I'd never do it again! Blessings

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow - that is fast! It is beautiful and I'm sure it will be a great gift.

wonderwoman said...

wow, its brilliant Joy - i can't believe how quickly you've done it! amazing.

xx

Bec said...

It looks really good and I am pleased you were able to finish it in time. It's very invigorating to start and finish something in a short time frame, well done!

Lorraine said...

Fabulous!...and so quick! well done....and great you could pull most of the fabrics from the stash! I am sure FIL will love it....and have a great day with the family!

limpingalong said...

Beautiful quilt! You did a great job.