Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Helloooooo!!!

Oh my goodness I just realised it’s been 10 days since I did a post!!!!! (Edit: Ummm .... I just realised I can't count either .... 13 days ... lol !!!)

I hope you all had a super fabulous wonderful Christmas!! Was Santa good to you ;o)?? My DH and I decided this year to buy some accessories for our motorbike to make travelling more comfortable … but we haven’t even had a chance to try them out yet cos it hasn’t stopped raining!!! I’m not complaining though, there are people dealing with floods all over the place and we’ve been very lucky so far. But oh I do wish it would stop … bring on the blue skies!!!

These are a few of the lovely gifties I received from some very dear friends

These very dear friends and I also had a really fun apron swap and the person who made my gawjus apron was Jenny!!! Waddyathink??????? December 2010 152 Cute huh???!!!!!! December 2010 154 The apron silly … not the old chook wearing it LOL!!! I just love it and I’ve worn it heaps of times since I got it – it’s just so pretty - thank you Jenny :o)!!! I sent the apron I made off to Dawn … but I’ll let her show you it ;o). I’ll just show you the cute little vintage button I popped on the pocket ;o). December 2010 085

We had another Christmas celebration yesterday (27th). Tahlia (DD1) and her partner Luke arrived from UK on Christmas night … we wondered if they’d make it here at all with all the cancelled flights leading up to the Christmas break … but they DID (phew) :o)!!!! Oh how lovely it is to have all the kids here at once :o). Here’s our table full …… that’s me sitting between Tahlia and Luke ;o). What a fun day it was …December 2010 187 we had pork and turkey and all the trimmings - yumm, and here’s the Cassata I made for dessert …December 2010 188 It really was delicious … but it froze so hard we had to let it stand for a little while before we could cut it LOL…..December 2010 189 As you can see …. my poor DH is smiling through gritted teeth as he tries hard to cut the darn thing he he. it was worth the wait though … YUMMM!!!

I’ve been working on a quilt for an old school-friend of Tahlia’s who is having her first baby – although I haven’t been able to even touch it for the past few days as we’ve been so busy. I’ll give you a look next time as hopefully I’ll have a bit more done by then. These are the pretties I’ve used for it …December 2010 124 Lovely bright and cheery Gelati type colours from “Me and My Sister” Favourites …… mmmmm, delish!!!!

I’ll be back soon …. ‘til then …….

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Joy so happy for you that you spent the holidays with your family and it appears you all had a wonderful time with great food . The apron is sweet as well as your other goodies !

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy-Belle! Aaaawww ... we think YOU'RE cute too, not just the apron ... though it is rather swish! :0) So glad your family was able to all be together for Christmas ... the floods have stopped my parents from being able to come celebrate with us, but at least I know they're safe at home and not stuck on the side of the road. Had a giggle at your poor beloved cutting dessert! Tee! Hee! Hee! Love your gelati coloured fabrics too ... they look like fun and I can't wait to see what you turn them into. Enjoy the holiday season!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

KaHolly said...

Such wonderful goodies. Don't know how Jenny finds the time, but she certainly makes some beautiful things. The apron is adorable. Hope your rain ends soon. ~karen

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was a lovely celebration. Glad the kids could make it home despite the weather.

I think sewing took a back seat, as it should, for all of us this week.

Gail said...

It looks like you had a lovely holiday, even with too frozen desserts! I like the fabrics for the quilt, lucky baby!

By Hoki Quilts said...

What a lovely shot of you all and that cassatta looks just devine. as for the rain, well, you can stop blowing it our way now - thanks. the tanks are full and we have flooding around town but the sun is out now so I guess that's a bit of balance.
have a great day
Miche'le

C said...

I really love the apron! So cute.

Wendyb said...

Lovely to hear you had the bestest Christmas....love your gifties and giggled at your cassata!!!! LOL
My brother was due to visit for Chrissy but due to the floods he decided against it.....it seems it was a good call!...Roads are cut in about 9 places between his place and mine now!!!! Hopefully you'll get to use your motorbike comfies in the next week or so!
Have fun with the family......sugary hugs my sweet!
XXX Wendy :O)
PS...you DO look GAWJUS in that apron!!! LOL

Vicki ♥ said...

Your Chrissy sounded like you had a wonderful time with all your family around you Joy :) You look stunning in the apron sweetie and I love the button you put on Dawns apron. :) hugs Vicki xxx

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh darling - you look so happy! But then you always do - coz you are a gorgeous, happy soul! :-) I'm so glad that Tahlia arrived in time for chrissie! And I love the apron that Jen made you - tis GAWJUS just like the young chick wearing it! :-)

Hugs sweetie!!!
Vikki xoxoxo :-)

Allie said...

So glad to hear your dd made it home safe, and escaped the storm! Looks like you had quite the family celebration! Love your gifties from those very dear friends - that apron is gorgeous, and looks wonderful on you!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Darlin' you make that apron look too gawjus!!! So glad you like it, but gladder still that your gal and her man made it home for Christmas!!! \o/\o/
Love 'n' hugs
Jenny
xxx

wonderwoman said...

Hi Joy - looks like you had a fab christmas!!! I love your apron, its gawjus!!! I hope your weather gets better soon.



xxxxxxxxxxx

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Glad you're having a wonderful Christmas!! I wish you a Happy New Year 2011!! :) Hugs, Silvia

Unknown said...

Your Apron is just Gorgeous & Really suits You...
Glad you had a Lovely Xmas...Happy New Year.
cheers

Anonymous said...

Fab!! What a great chrissy present.. all the kidlets home together with ma n pa from the Patch!
Looks like a fun time was had by all :)
Especially gawjus Joy in her gawjus apron... just gawjus!
heapsahugs, Penny xx