Monday, August 31, 2009

An Award!!! Rosewood Quilt show and 2nd Honeycomb Quilt

I got a terrific surprise last week when I read Carole's blog - she gave me this lovely award!!! Thank you so much Carole, I'm chuffed to bits :o)!!!I am supposed to list 5 obsessions, and 5 blogs I would like to pass this onto.
5 obsessions:-
1. My family .... no surprises there, they're just the light of my life!!!
2. Sewing .... I guess that's no surprise either LOLOL
3. Reading, particularly quilty style novels.
4. Chocolate and Coffee - not necessarily together - but I love both ;o).
5. Blogging - of course, that's how I got to "meet" all of you lovely bloggers!!! I just LOVE the blogging community :o)!!
Okay, now I'm supposed to choose 5 blogs to send this award to and I'm afraid that's just too hard!!! I have so many blogs on my sidebar and I love to read all of them ... so if you're on my sidebar please feel free to take this award too, because I believe you're all "fabulous blogs" :o)!!!
*
I've been making a bit of progress on my second Honeycomb quilt. I'm really loving these Beach House fabrics, the colours are divine!!! Here's how they're shaping up so far - still a long way to go ;o).........
I had the best time at Rosewood Quilt Show on Sunday ... I was surprised at how many quilts and other gorgeous stitchy items there were!!! It really was a pleasure to see all the wonderful talent on show .........
The pic above is about a quarter of what there was to see there!! I just fell in love with this adorable little teapot, isn't it absolutely fabulous???!!!!!

I couldn't resist taking a piccy of this old fashioned covered button maker with the old treadle sewing machine ...

There was also lots of places to spend your quilty $$$$$ ... I found gorgeous Cath there with her fabulous designs and wonderful wooden products. We had a lovely natter and it was really terrific to catch up with her again!!! Hi Cath :o)!!!!!
Of course, I couldn't resist buying some goodies myself ... don't you just love the "Herman Munster" style lunch pail he he he??? It had the cutest pincushion and spool holder in it along with 6 of Cath's stitchery designs and fabric to stitch them on!!! I also bought a "Jennifer Ann" pattern from Cath, soooo cute, she comes with her own stand and painted "suitcase" - and I might use the pretty brown fatties and binding (also from Cath!!) for a tablerunner, I haven't decided yet!!
Hope you all had a great weekend too .......

11 comments:

Perri said...

Your 'Beach House' Honeycomb Quilt is looking lovely - Joy!
Happy stitching, P

Lurline said...

Joy, I didn't realize how 'famous' you are - saw and ad in the latest AP&Q yesterday and thought 'oh, I'm sure that's my Joy!' - I promise I will spend time going through all your patterns soon!
Hugs and best wishes - Lurline♥

RG said...

Oh gosh you're funny Joy!!
Firstly congrats on your award... just right I reckon. ;)

I'm loving your honeycomb beach house.. love the colours and your design works so well in it too.
Beach house remind me of Rhubarb and Ginger by BD.. loved it too!

Sounds like you had fun...thanks for sharing.

Thimbleanna said...

Your honeycomb quilt is coming along nicely. I love the colors together. And congrats on your award -- very well deserved!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Congrats on the award Joy....and the new quilt is gorgeous love the colours and you did buy some nice treats.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy! Oh! I LOOOOOVE how your second honeycomb quilt is coming up - not that I didn't like the first, these colours are just a bit more what I'm into at the moment - softer and I love the contrast between the light and colour. Not long now til SDDO - Marion was teasing me today by saying they'd prepared some of the goodies for the gift bags yesterday ... but wouldn't tell me what they were!! Oh ... how to keep a stitcher in suspense!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Anonymous said...

Hello Joy, love your Honeycomb Quilt...gorgeous when completed.....a lot of inspiration from the Quilt Show...hugs lyn

Laila said...

Hi. I love your Honeycomb quilts.. Congrats on the award. You deserve it ;-) Hugs.

Bec said...

Your honeycomb quilt is looking fantastic in Beach House, such vibrant lovely colours!
It is so awesome to visit quilt shows, amazing what can be accomplished!
hehehe funny you mentioned Herman Munster - we just watched his hotrod episode a couple of days ago, first time for the children and they loved it!

Christine said...

Congratulations on your award. The honeycomb quilt looks teriffic ... I love the Beach House fabrics.

Cath Ü said...

Hi Back to you Joy and when you have made Jennifer Ann I would love a pic so I can brag about her on my blog......
I love that honeycomb quilt... very pretty.......
Cath Ü