Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Achoooooo!!!

I’ve had a bit of a cold  **sniff** !!
Haven’t felt like doing much.
But BEFORE the dreaded lurgy got me I had a fabulous time in Bundaberg at The Quilters Shack teaching a quilt as you go class. October 2011 049What a terrific bunch of ladies – such a fun day!!! Flying there and back in storms was an eye opener lol – but once I got there the weather in Bundy was simply beautiful. I’d love to go back one day and explore in the shop too, it’s HUGE - and packed to the brim with SO much fabricky loveliness!!! Thanks so much to Sue-Ellen for inviting me up, and to all the staff there for making me feel so welcome too, I really enjoyed myself :o)!!!
I’ve also been to the Craft and quilt fair in Brissy where I caught up with some lovely ladies … here’s Kez and me at her gawjus Giggle Buttons stand surrounded by lots of Red Brolly and Giggle goodness … Hiya Kez!!!October 2011 071Oh and you can just see the corner of Gail Pan’s Berries and Bluebirds on the left … mmmmm that’s another on my ‘to do’ list, love it!! I also bumped into the lovely Lynda at the Giggle Buttons stand but we forgot to get a piccy, what were we thinking he he!?!
I finally managed to meet Danielle from Country Threads too….October 2011 070 We’ve chatted on the phone lots of times but this was the first time we actually got to meet in person – and what’s that in the background on the left??? Why it’s my “Pudding Time” stitchery he he – look out for it in the next Patchwork and Stitching magazine :o)!!!
I went to lots of workshops and have SO many ideas buzzing around in my head, I can’t wait for the bug to be gone so that I can get back into my stitching – for now all I’ve been doing is doodling in my new Art Journal …. October 2011 118 it’s such fun and requires little or no thought – love it :o).
Hopefully next time I’ll have some show and tell for you of the stitchy kind, til then ……

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks like you've been having lot's of fun. :) Did you send me you cold over cyber space? I came down with one yesterday. Hugs,

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi sweetie, you are sounding brighter than you were a couple of days ago - now that doodle of yours - it really would make a neat little stitchery pattern and the owl is just perfec ; )))
hgus - Miche'le xx

Larissa said...

Oooh! What a gorgeous doodle!!! I totally agree with Miche'le that it would look divine as a stitchery!!!!! ... So sorry to hear you're unwell ... Prayers for your health winging their way to heaven! xo

Unknown said...

Hope you are Feeling Better Today...I also Agree Your Doodling is Fabulous!!!
Lovely Pics from the Show & Bundy at least you had a Good Time before you got Sick...
Take Care
xx

Fee said...

I hope you are feeling better sweets? Especially seeing that it's nearly your birthday !! Love your doodles as always :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are starting to feel better Joy? There are a lot of nasty lurgies out there at the moment :0/ Oh No! I forgot the show. Again. Next year I will NOT forget :0> maybe if I write it in nikko pen on my forehead I will remember! LOVE your sketching, it looks amazing. tonixxx
ps. Joy can you let me know if this comment appears as no-reply. I'm having troubles with my settings :0?

Anonymous said...

cute doodling and sounds like you had a great time,get well soon.

wonderwoman said...

I hope your cold gets better in time for your birthday! Thats amazing doodling! Xxx

Bev C said...

Hello Joy,

Oh that doodling is just divine.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Chris H said...

oh dear, i do hope your cold is gone by now?
Mine lasted for a good two weeks.

Sew Useful Designs said...

BLESS YOU!!!

Even if I sneeze in the house when I'm on my own I have to say bless you, to myself. Next I'll be looking for hairs on the palm of my hand!!!!

Darling sorry to hear that you have the lurgy, but I am very happy to see you out and about surrounded by inspiration and fabricky goodness! Lovely photos too honey! As for your sketch/doodle - I AM IN LOVE!!!!!
A pattern, please sweetie - I want to buy it!!!!

Love and hugs gawjus girl!
Vikki xoxo

Jodi said...

Hope your feeling much better now. That doodle of yours is beautiful.Would love to see that little owl in the branches done as a stitchery pattern. Can just see that on something for my daughter. So cute.