Saturday, October 1, 2011

A finish and a picnic in the park

I had a lovely day at a picnic in the park this week with Gill – it was her birthday. The weather wasn’t that great but the food and the company was just fabulous. Here’s Gill and her daughter Hayley and me at beautiful Victoria Point on a windy but beautiful day :o).September 2011 085 We had a fabulous time and I can’t wait to catch up with Gill again soon :).
I had to buy a new diary for next year as I’ve started making arrangements that are in the new year …. so of course it had to have a pretty cover :).September 2011 092 I’ve had this pretty fabric for ages and finally found a use for it. AND I’ll get to see it everyday – much better than having it stuck in my stash where I never see it. It’s a lovely diary too, with inspirational quotes dotted here and there throughout. September 2011 090 September 2011 089I’d best be off, I’ve got a posh dinner to go to tonight, but before I go here’s a look at one of the blocks I’ve been working on for a new design.September 2011 094 This one’s going to be for “Fresh Hope” and I’m really enjoying it so far. A bit of applique, a bit of stitchery …… I’ll keep you posted ;o).
Hope you have a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Ow, ow we went to Victoria Point when we were over Joy, it is so lovely there. It was one of the areas I told Bill I would live if we thought about shifting - good taste huh (just no money hunny!!) Have fun at your fancy dinner.

wonderwoman said...

Hope u had a lovely.evening. Your block looks fab!.xxxx

KaHolly said...

Looks like a lovely area to celebrate a special day, regardless of the weather!! Love your diary cover. You are just too talented!

Sheila said...

Love the cover for your diary, and also love the diary...can you tell us what it is called and who prints it...thank you:)

Chris H said...

Very nice diary... and the new blocks look gorgeous.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad you had a good day Joy...love your diary cover...