Monday, December 21, 2009

"Harley Lolly Drop" and Christmas Special No: 4!!!!

Every year in our neighbourhood a lovely group of Harley Davidson owners ride down our street and into the local park giving out lollies to the local children. It's become such a fun tradition in our house that we make sure we're at home for it!!! You can hear the rumble as they come down the street and it's such fun to see the littlies getting all excited!!!Then just as the last of them were coming through ... who should we spy but Norm, our accountant!!! Now that's a side of Norm we didn't know ;o)!!! Doncha love his bike!!??! We were lucky to have a bit of rain over the weekend so while we were waiting for the Harleys to come through Bear thought it would be fun to shake the tree her friend Nadia was standing under ....... she's a ratbag is our Bear lol!!!!!! ;o)

In the afternoon Bear and I decided to do a bit of Christmas cooking, we made some yummy 'white Christmas' .... do you love our 'oh so natural' poses for the camera ............???
This is more like what it was really like though ..... I tried to explain to Bear that we lick the bowl AFTER it's been emptied [[[sigh]]]!!!!!!!! By the way, do you like our lovely aprons??? These were the ones I won at Buderim Patchwork's giveaway a little while ago, aren't they fabulous!!!!!
Ok .... so here's the Christmas special for day 4. I've chosen one of my latest patterns as there were so many of you who liked it :o). This is my "Under Lock and Key" block-keeper. It's 15 1/2" x 15 1/2" with an applique'd and stitcheried (gosh is that really a word lol) front. The little verse stitched on the front around the heart says "My blocks are under lock and key to keep them clean and wrinkle free!"I've stitched a cute set of keys on the front too ... if you need the keys as well I still have a limited amount of sets left for only $5.50 per set (there are 3 keys on a ring per set), so just email me if you'd like those too. The PDF pattern is just $5.00 and will be emailed to you as soon as payment is received, so you don't pay postage :o)!!!
I've been making a very festive and very simple table-topper ... just need to stitch on the binding ~ I'll show you that tomorrow :o)!!!
So until then .........................................

4 comments:

Terry said...

Your Bear licks the bowl like my Emily does! LOL

Lurline said...

Naughty, naughty Bear - oh, my goodness, more tricks for the grandchildren!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

You and Bear are absolutely adorable! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone she licks the bowl! ;D

Thimbleanna said...

Thanks for the Lolly Drop pictures -- how cool! And you and Bear look like you're having too much fun!