Monday, March 15, 2010

Lovely weekend!!!

But first ….. aren’t these pretty!!??!March 2010 143

They come in this little book, 30 pages of lovely stickers to pop inside your treasured books so that they’ll always come home where they belong :o). Well, that’s the idea ;o).March 2010 140 I also got these … March 2010 150 I saw them on Jenny’s blog when she was labelling her cute little spice bottles and jars and I just had to have some for my very own. March 2010 153I’ve been saving up my jars too so that I can pop my own pretty labels on them :o).

It’s my DH’s birthday tomorrow, and it was my BIL’s last week so we had the family over for a bbq on Sunday. I made a brownie based raspberry cheesecake, very delicious (how cute are those Matroyshka measuring cups ;o) ??!!!?) …... March 2010 155My sweet Bear was happy to help clean up … what a treasure she is, LOL…..March 2010 156 And this is how it turned out ……. doesn’t it look yummmo???!!! March 2010 161 I put fresh raspberries on top and drizzled melted chocolate over the top. I reckon just looking at it can put on 5kg LOL!!!


It was such a lovely afternoon and this is what my Darling did when our visitors left ……March 2010 167 Bless :o)!!!!!!!


I did manage to get a bit of crafty fun in .... I made these cute little mushroom pin toppers from a tutorial that I found at Krafty Panda's blog .......Sorry it's not such a fabulous piccy ...... they really were fun to make :o). Now that I've bought more polymer clay I'll be thinking up ideas for more ;o)!!! Thanks Amanda for a terrific tutorial :o)!!!!

14 comments:

Jeanette said...

Where's my piece of cheesecake? I think i need to get some of those stickers myself. Love your pintoppers. Hugs, Jeanette. PS: Happy Birthday to Daryl.

Vicki ♥ said...

Awww.....I am glad your weekend went well Joy and the cake looks oh so yummo!! Love the little mushies too...too cute! hugs Vicki xoxoxo

Fee said...

OMG that cake looks divine !!! Love your little mushrooms they are so sweet. I hope your man had a wonderful birthday XXXX

Unknown said...

Yummy food and yummy pintoppers , I would have licked the bowl too !

Terry said...

Your bear is just like my Emily...always willing to help clean up! LOL Lucky hubby getting a nap! And cool pin toppers! I'd love to try that sometime. :0)

Denise :) said...

You did have a lovely weekend! I'm glad. Happy birthday to your hubby! Love the book stickers!

Happy Monday to you!!! :)

Allie said...

Those stickers are so pretty - I love what Jenny did with them too. Happy Birthday to your hubby! That cake looks yummy, it doesn't get better than rasberries and chocolate! My favorite hot chocolate mix is chocolate rasberry.

Your little mushrooms are SO cute!!!

wonderwoman said...

o my, that cake looks amazing!!!Looks like your hubby had a lovely day!

xxx

simplestitches said...

that cake looks wonderful...is there any left???? love the pin toppers, very cute.
cheers Julz

Nanette Merrill said...

Such darling things Joy. It all looks good.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

The longer I stare and drool the wider my hips are getting....mmmmmmmm!!! Yum!

Anita said...

A verry happy birthday for your DH. Your cake looks very pretty.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Those mushroom pins are adorable!

And your cake looks delicious! I think I've gained 5kg just looking at it! :o)

Bec said...

Very pretty, Very Yummy, and Very Peaceful!