Tuesday, September 30, 2008

There's a hole in my kitchen ......

My kitchen looks very strange without the stove there. I was horrified when we took it out and saw what was underneath!!! I'm going to spare you the horror of those piccies ... in fact, I was so embarrassed I deleted them from my camera immediately!! Who was to know that cute little dust bunnies could evolve into what we found ..... yikes!!!???!!It's all nice and clean now and waiting for the new oven and cooktop to be installed ... but we have to wait until Friday. I really should have known, with my luck, when I was told it would be the 2nd week of the holidays - what they really meant was the VERY LAST DAY OF THE SECOND WEEK!!!!!!!!! So for now this is what I have ... not pretty, but only temporary. In the meantime, while my DH has been busy painting and decorating I have managed to get some stitching done ... yep, you guessed it, I've made (yet) another little zipper pouch, this one for a dear friend who needed cheering up - she loved it :o).
This of course has led to another addiction - I think it's in my personality LOL. I've started making cute little zipper-pulls!!! What fun!!!
The other thing I made was this tablerunner for DHs music room (aka the spare room), he loves it.
I made the blocks from a "Mix and Mingle" jellyroll and I have enough fabrics leftover to do a small lap-quilt perhaps. Hmmm, that's another day :o).
Talk soon, take care,
Joy :o)

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You've been a busy girl over here! I love the table runner you made for DH's room -- although it reminds me of one that I had that has disappeared. I think someone took it -- how rude! Anyway, it was similar to yours with three stars.

I hope you get your oven soon!!!

Unknown said...

I love the table runner! And I'm thinking I might have to try something with zippers. I use to dread putting in zippers when I was learning to sew, but you seem to be enjoying it so much I might have to give it a try.