Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I tried to be good .....

Well I did, perhaps not very hard, but I tried!! Actually, truth be told the "trying" lasted only a few short minutes. Once I got through the doors at the Stitches and Craft show all my best intentions disappeared - thank goodness - if they hadn't I might not have come home with anywhere near as many fabulous goodies!!!

Firstly here's the patterns ... I can never resist an Ella and Skysie stitchery and this one was HOT off the press, it came complete with little kitty buttons!! There's 'Mrs Perkins' from Melly and Me too (I'm ready when you are Lurline :o)!!!). The two in the middle are from Funky Friends Factory - they were simply too irresistable!!
Don't you just love these little Matroyshka prints ... I have no idea what I'm going to make from them but I just HAD to have them ... also bought some self cover buttons and a new pigma pen.
I've been seeing so many clever knitters on the blogs that I decided I'd have a go and see if I'm not as completely hopeless as I think!!! I got me a pattern, a long twirly needle thingy and some yarn. Look Maria ... I'm going to knit some socks!!!!! The way I knit they could end up as anything LOL!!
Of course, I couldn't possibly leave the show without some fabric. I found these absolutely delicious linens ...... aren't they simply wonderful??!!? ...and these - these are my favourites!! I think I can see a bag emerging from this little lot ...The top two and the blue spotty one are all linens too. Those 50's style prints are just fabulous.

I've left these pics til last. I really enjoyed seeing all of these items. I've read so much about them over the months and to finally get to see them was a real treat. Most of you would recognise them straight away ....... these are the incredible selvedge projects from Jodie at Ric Rac. And let me tell you, they are even more impressive "in the flesh"!!
I also popped over to the Giggle Buttons stand to meet the gorgeous Sonya. It was so lovely to meet her, and I can't imagine why I didn't think to have our photo taken for my blog - my camera was in my bag ... I'm such a goose LOL!! Nevermind Sonya, I'll catch up with you at the October show and I'll make sure I do then!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Joy it looks like you had a lovely time , good for you !

Sherri said...

What a wonderful day...and you got to see the selvedge items in the flesh too!!!

wonderwoman said...

oh my Joy, you did have a good time -way to go on the knitting, yay!!! i love your technical vocab - twirly needle thingys - great! can't wait to see your socks!!! those fabrics are gorgeous can't wait to see what you are going to make next!
hugs
xxxxx

Julia said...

Looks like a lovely day out Joy...well you can't be good all the time, so a little shopping is Ok..
Those selvedge items are amazing...
have fun knitting socks!
Julia ♥

Vicki ♥ said...

Looks like you just got sensible and bought what ever you felt like getting...thank goodness your sensiblity didnt take over too much hehehe. Lots of goodies for you to play and fondle Joy :)

FeatherDuster said...

Wow...you sure did have a good time! And those selvage items are amazing!

FeatherDuster said...

Ooops...I didn't mean to repeat Julia's comment. ;-)

Kitty said...

Wow .. you saw Jodie's stuff in the flesh?! You lucky girl. Showing us all that lovely new stuff is only going to make us want to go and get new stuff of our own ... or was that your plan?! x

Narelle said...

There is nothing worse than not buying something, then coming home and wishing you had.
Looks like you had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
I'm envious!
Roll on October!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like you had a great time at the show! The Quilt and Craft show hits Perth in two weeks - can't wait - hope they have some lovely linens like you purchased.

Thimbleanna said...

Ooohhh, you're going to be busy! Looks like you got some wonderful goodies. Good luck on your socks. And those cute "50's" fabrics are adorable!

Jodie said...

Thanks joy - It is so nice that people are posting pics of the poor old dear in Brissy - she is very excited to be out of the wardrobe.... She may be a bit of a diva when she gets home!!!

Anonymous said...

hi joy! it looks like you had a wonderful time at the show! i couldn't make it this time around and it looks like i missed out on heaps of great stuff :O(