Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lovely mail and other stuff!!!

I've had some really fun mail this week!!! I thought you might like to see what's been arriving here in my patch :o).

First I'll show you my fabric ... I've had my eye on both of these ranges for a while ... particularly the Gypsy Rose ones - I don't know why it took me so long to buy this one cos it's soooo beautiful. I ended up buying them on ebay as I found some great 'package deals'.
The other one is Beach House ... it's gorgeous too ...I haven't decided yet what I'll be making from these ... I'll probably need a bit of time to just 'love them' first .... do you know what I mean LOL?? He he ... I bet you do :o).

I also got these fabulous books ... I ordered them from "Book Depository" last week and I just love them. The quilting one is a fabulous reference with some gorgeous patterns ... I'm trying to do more adventurous quilting and I thought this book might be handy ... loads of patterns and clear instructions. And of course the Tilda one is to die for ..... I LOVE it ..... How cute is this little mouse??!! I can't wait to make some of the gorgeous things in this book!!!
Lastly I received this yesterday from Norway. I was absolutely delighted!! It's a thank-you card from Laila's daughter Stine who recently had her little daughter Emma. I sent over a small gift to welcome her into the world and she sent me this gorgeous photo and card .... so chuffed ... isn't she a gorgeous baby!!!?! You can see more piccies of this adorable little girl at Laila's blog :o)!
Before I go ... here's a look at my new glasses .........Do you like them????? I'm still getting used to them, they're a bit stronger than my other ones ..... I must be getting old LOL!!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely finds on ebay Joy...Your New Glasses look Great...have been catching up on posts...Hope your Mum is feeling Better...she really did a good job on her leg...
cheers

Vicki ♥ said...

The books look great and should prove to help get the creative juices flowing :) I like your new glasses very much they make you look fabulous!Hugs :)

Lynda said...

I've had those books in my wish list at the Book Depository for a while - might be time to get them out.

miss~nance said...

I so understand what you are saying about loving the fabric first. I have 3 jellyrolls a twice the charm pack, a charm pack & a layer cake (all moda) and I get great joy just from getting them down opening them upnad looking at the fabric. But they willa ll becomae a quilt of bag or cushions one day soon I hope.


Love the look of your new books - i have the Spring one liek your Christmas one and find it fabulous.
Gail

Terry said...

Great fabric! Your glasses look good too! I think we're all getting old unfortunately! LOL

wonderwoman said...

the glasses look great Joy! love your fabrics and your books - may have to get them!!! that little baby is soooo cute!

xxxx

deb said...

Never too early to start on Christmas is it? Love the new fabric....and love your new glasses!!!!!

Laila said...

Hi. Your glases looks great. Love all your mail, you realy deserve it.
I have a lot of Tilda stuf. She has great items to do...
Send you a little hug from Emma- I see her to morrow. Have a great week end . Hugs. ;-)

Dawn said...

Like your new Glasses very chic! I love Beach-house too, and have just received mine from 'Fat Quarter Shop', not sure what I am making yet...might have to think on that one for a little while.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy, just love the packs/jelly rolls you picked up......and the mouse pattern....so cute....hope your Mum is doing ok....Warm Regards Lyn

Anonymous said...

Love the fabrics & books, love the glasses and you can't help it if your eyes can't keep up with you.
YOU are not getting OLD, just your eyes can't keep up with your small work/looking/reading etc.....

Lorraine said...

great finds on ebay - it's nice to get goodies in the post! Love the new glasses...I got new ones recently - they get a little stronger each time I get my eyes checked....I know I am getting old! I might have to get a couple of machine quilting books to give me some inspiration.......

Barb said...

Love the fabrics & books....lots of fun goodies.....and yes, your glasses do look good.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love your glasses.

Christine said...

Great fabric purchases .... Figtree and Blackbird Designs are always stunning. I have the Tilda book .... haven't made anything yet but enjoy just looking through it every now and then.
Christine