Monday, June 29, 2009

Just a short one today :o)

I went to my quilt group today ..... it's our birthday!!! Star Sea Quilters is 2 years old today. Yay for us :o). We even had cake ..... We always have show and tell ... and this week Teresa (no blog) brought along a quilt that she made for her Dad in Tasmania. A year or so ago we had a lot of upholstery fabric samples given to us and I must admit to wondering what anyone could do with them ..... well, here's what can be done!!!
Isn't it just fabulous!! It's backed in flannel and tied instead of quilted - it's lovely and cosy, and so perfect for a man don't you think??
There were stickers on the back of most of the pieces, with the name and logo etc. of the manufacturer ... and Teresa painstakingly removed every little bit off them - some stubborn ones had to be soaked off. Looking at this I'd say it was worth the trouble. I just love it :o).
I'm still working on my 2nd Dragonflight - more piccies when I get further along on it.

Talk soon ........

11 comments:

Julie said...

yes, that is a nice quilt joy. i think it appeals to me because it's different.
your cake looked yummy too. glad you had a nice day.
julie :) x

Lurline said...

That qquilt has a sort of 'wagga look' - wonderful!
Hugs - Lurline♥

wonderwoman said...

a very manly quilt - i'm sure her dad will love it!
cake - yummm!
xx

Nanette Merrill said...

isn't it lovely to belong to a group of women that support each other

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun quilt -- and it matches your cake!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and lovely looking quilt. I'm sure it would be very cosy....
Poor James wants a MAN Quilt in our house too.....

Micki said...

I love any quilt where you add flannel. Wonderful idea!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy, Happy 2nd Birthday to your group.....I agree with Lurline, the quilt certainly has a Wagga look......flannel backing would be lovely and warm....Regards Lyn

Laila said...

Hi.
Happy 2nd birthday to you all in your grup.
A great quilt and yummy cake.
Hugs. ;-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic quilt.....sounds like you also have a fantastic group Joy...

Kim said...

Hi Joy, the quiilt is beautiful. My brother used to work at Slumberland and gave me 2 bags of upholstery samples. Now I know what to do with them. I was also thinking of some sling bags as well.

A dairy queen blizzard the one I had had oreo cookies ice cream and mint topping all blended up like a milkshake without the milk.

Happy birthday to your quilt group. :)