Thursday, August 6, 2009

Busy busy busy!!!

Oh I love it when I get this in the mail ...... my beautiful "Fig and Plums" have arrived!!! I can't wait to play with them - but first I have a quilt to finish. I've been waiting for the border fabrics for my "Wildflower Serenade 2" quilt and they are the ones on the right in the piccy below. The ones on the left are Cotton Blossoms for a quilt for DS and DIL and a Portabello Markets fabric to go with my Pinwheels.
In the meantime I made this little lady!!! Lynn and I made one each yesterday and they were such fun to make :o)!
we painted the little legs and shoes .......
Stitched on their cute little faces ........
and even though we both used the same pattern from "Raggedy Old Annies" they turned out quite differently ..... that's Lynn's dolly on the right :o).
The one I made will be travelling to US ... and she's taking this little guy with her .......
This one is Baa Baa black sheep and he's for "W" - we named him "Lambington" since he's going overseas we figured he needed a truly Australian name ;o). Here's the three of them together, I'll be posting them soon to "L" "J" and "W".
Yay ..... 2 more finishes for August!!!! Now, back to that Wildflower quilt :o)........

12 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, what a cute little lady! I LOVE that cute cupcake/dessert fabric you used for her dress!

AwtemNymf said...

Hi Joy! Awwwww- your Annie is super cute! I love the cuppycake outfit! And I recognize that pattern! At first I thought it was Phoebe and she had salon dyed hair?!. Oy! Hahaha! Silly me! Both you and Lynn did great! Aren't Annies fun!
BTW- I'm having a Blog Party event on Sept. 7th - Raggedy Ann's Birthday- details here Hope to see you there *winks*
Thanks for stopping by my blog. My Gramma was tickled pink. Hugs!!

carole brungar said...

I am really looking forward to seeing what you make with the fig and plums! lol. It's gorgeous fabric, did you buy it via the internet from Australia?

Bec said...

Love Fig and Plum, a beautiful range....
Annie is very cute, she has a lovely face.

Marlene said...

Lucky recipients of those little treasures. They are all so cute.
I'd want to cut into those fabrics straight away-not disciplined like you. Can't wait to see what they become.

Micki said...

Wherever did you get the Raggedy Anne pattern? It is so cute!
Micki

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

No doubt about it...you are one talented lady, they are all so darn cute Joy....love the fabric and your header looks awesome.

Unknown said...

Joy your little tribe is just so darn adorable, and I love the name you gave your lamb, just so Aussie. I'm sure whoever they go to will just adore them to bits.

Terry said...

Love your little Annie! She's adorable! And congrats on two more finishes! :0)

Jilly's Space said...

Your Annie is so sweet.
Lovely fabrics! I just made a small wallhanging a few weeks ago using a fig and plum charm pack. I blogged it if you wanted to check it out :o)

wonderwoman said...

they are all so lovely, you are amazing! love all those fabrics, can;t wait to see what you are going to make with them!

xxx

Nanette Merrill said...

What treasures! I love her. I have to confess. I've never made a stuffed doll. I did make some elephants. I really do not like to stuff. I always have seams that come open and clumps and spots that didn't get enough. So I haven't done more. But I love yours.