Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What fun we had!!!! … part 1

I’ve often read on other people’s blogs about fabulous weekends spent with stitchy friends on retreat. Well ….. now I know what all the fuss is about lol ….. what super fun I had at my very first retreat!!!! We all laughed so much - my jaw was aching he he, and we all still managed to do plenty of stitching too!!!

It was a long drive to Gympie from home … about 2 1/2 hours … so we had a pre-arranged stop along the way at Patchwork Angel for some morning tea - and some shopping of course ;o)!!!! Penny also did a couple of great demo's of applique’ and paper piecing … and so this just HAD to come home with me … August 2010 125 It’s a rotating cutting board – and I really should have bought one of these a long time ago – what a fabulous toy!!! Of course, that’s not all I bought, I also found some needles, and some threads – what a treasure trove that shop is, lots of fabulous quilty goodness around every corner!!! Before we all left Penny took a piccy of (most of) our group, there were a lot of us so she had to get a good vantage point he he he. Here’s Penny organising us lol …..SSQ Gympie 2010 001 and if you want to see the piccy she took go HERE :o). Thanks so much Penny for making us all so welcome!!

In amongst the laughter I did manage to finish a couple of small projects … here’s a little iron caddy I made for my friend Karen… SSQ Gympie 2010 052And I also made this steering wheel cover. The little embroidered logo in the middle was done by another of the gawjus ladies in our group, Jennine.SSQ Gympie 2010 139 That’s two more finishes for me for August – woohoo!!!

There’s more to tell, but I’ll save that for ‘part 2’ ;o)!!!

15 comments:

Allie said...

Oh I'm jealous - that sounds so fun!! SO pleased you had a good time - your projects are so darling, I love that steering wheel cover!

Rebecca said...

I am pleased you had a great time and wish I had gone now, next year. Penny is great fun and loves to show other people her great quilting tips. I have done a few classes at the patchwork angle just to have a laugh and meet other people. Look forward to seeing part two.
Hugs Bec

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How good are retreats Joy....they are truly something that can't be put into words...so pleased you had a fab time, love your projects can't wait to see more.....

Deb said...

Joy I am so thrilled you loved your trip to the dark side-hehehe. I knew you would, I bet you are looking at organising another one soon. Mind you, you have your BIG RETREAT soon don't you, how many days?
Loving the iron caddy and steering wheel cover, what fabulous gift ideas. Are they your design patterns or someone else's?

marina said...

Sounds perfect!
Lucky you, one day I hope to go to a retreat and just craft away the days.

Scottish Nanna said...

I have never been to a retreat but it sounds like they are fun I am glad you had A good time.
hugs Mary.

Dawn said...

oh Joy waht a gorgeous steering wheel cover... just wonderful.... retreats are the best aren't they...
Hugs Dawn x x

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy-Belle! Isn't Penny a scream!! The last couple of times I've visited Patchwork Angel, there's been crowds, choas, teasing, laughter and crazy Penny in the middle of it all! I felt right at home!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hmmm ... your rotating cutting board has me bemused ... do you get dizzy using it! :0) have fun playing with your new goodies! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Vicki ♥ said...

Sounds like loads of fun Joy :) I am glad you had a good time and your things you got and made are fabulous. Hugs Vicki xoxoxox

Chookyblue...... said...

see told you retreats are heaps of fun........so when is the next one????

Sue said...

I'm so glad you had heaps of fun on retreat. Tell the family how much better you feel after a weekend away and they are bound to let you out again!

Maria said...

I am so pleased you enjoyed the retreat. I also went to one this weekend. It so relaxing and good for the soul.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a Great Time..I'm sure there will be plenty more..
cheers

wonderwoman said...

looks like you had an amazing time and some very nice purchases!!!

xx

Bev C said...

Hello Joy.

I just LOVE that steering wheel cover. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo