Thursday, November 27, 2008

Focus!!!

I really should focus on one project at a time rather than flitting from one thing to another ... at last count I have 6 projects on the go right now!!! I'm sure there's more but I'm not looking any further ....... I need a day (a week?? a month - eeek????) to get them finished before I start on anything else. Trouble is, when I buy a new pattern - or get an idea for one - I want to start on it right away, I know you know what I mean, I can't be the only one that does this LOL. Here's a couple of the stitcheries I'm working on now ... these are great for keeping me awake at night when I'm watching tv ... although sometimes, I must admit, nothing can keep these poor old eyes from shutting LOL.As you can see the little basket is already making itself useful. The tutorial to make one of these little darlings is at Pink Penguin's blog. I know I'll be making more!!! The pink stitchery is for the giant pincushion and the white ones are for more Cinderberry bags. ..... And just to add to my "wanna do it now" list ... my dear friend Valerie (no blog) just came home from a holiday in NZ and brought these home for me ....... bless :o).I can't wait to make something from these, I haven't worked with batiks before (can you believe it????) and these look like a bag to me :o)!!!!

Last night was a busy one ... DD2 had her "semi-formal" - which, for those of you who don't have high schoolers, is the year 10 dinner. I guess it's a lead up to the year 12 formal. Anyway, a bunch of her friends came over before the dinner for photos - they all looked gorgeous, but none more so than my DD2 :o) - all grown up and looking so beautiful (ok, I'm biased). Here she is with her date......Don't forget to leave a comment here for my giveaway - I'll be drawing the winners on Saturday night Australian time - so that's probably Saturday morning for most of the rest of the world ;o).

That's it from me ... got to get ready for the day. If the weather sweetens up a bit I'm going to take my dear Mum and Jill up to Tamborine Mountain Distillery. Jill leaves in a week so she's buying some pressies to take back to UK for friends. We're really going to miss her [sigh].

Take care,

Hugs,

Joy :o)

P.S ... I just found a great giveaway here ... go and have a look :o)!!

4 comments:

May Britt said...

Only 6 projects on the go?????? Don't believe you LOL

I don't dare to count my projects right now. Too many and too many that I want to start right away

wonderwoman said...

i sooo know what you mean - i need more hours in the day!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Joy, things can a little out of control at times.I look at my sidebar and think oh my.Love your NZ fabrics.Regards Lyn

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy! Only six projects ... you're doing well! I don't DARE write a list or I'd be too overwhelmed and crawl into bed with a book! Tee! Hee! Hee! I usually have at least three or four samples for new patterns on the go, plus a couple of short-term projects, plus a couple of long term 'stitch in between everything else' projects ... not to mention birthday presents, Christmas presents, get well presents, just because presents ...!!! EEEK!! That's it, where's a book!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Enjoy swapping and changing - variety is the spice of life and MY life is plenty spicey!! Bear Hugs! KRIS