Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chrissie fun and a pattern special!!

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words to Bear about finally ‘flinging’ her brace. I should’ve posted some of the “out-take” piccies where the brace was out of shot or Bear was laughing so hard cos I took the pic AFTER the brace landed he he he. Good thing I don’t do photography for a living … he he he, we’d be BROKE for sure LOL!!!!

Had a really fun day yesterday … Bear and I travelled up to Mooloolaba for the day as the ladies from “The Sewing Basket” had invited us to be guests at their Club Christmas Party!! It was such a fun morning with games and raffle prizes a-plenty!!!Here’s the gawjus girls with Santa …December 09 002and he had gifties for everyone too!!!

They had such a fun auction as well … all the clever Club Members had each made a tree ornie and they were each raffled to raise money for charity … this year the money went to RSPCA :o). Here’s the one’s I bought …December 09 008  3 little Angels made from yo-yos … how clever is that!!!??! And this cute Santa Sack with a beaded bottom …December 09 010 I also couldn’t resist buying these while I was there … brand new from Fig Tree Quilts are these “Whimsy” fat quarters … aren’t they just GAWJUS!!!!?!???December 09 014Mmmmm, pretty!!!  I think I can see a tablerunner there … if I look reeeeally hard ;o)!!!! Thanks to everyone at The Sewing Basket, Jess and I really enjoyed our morning with you :o)!!!

Most of the stitching I’m doing at the moment is secret Chrissie present stuff so I can’t show you cos I don’t want to spoil any surprises ;o)!!! But … I thought I’d have another SPECIAL on another one of my newer patterns ~ just for you my bloggy friends!!! Honeycomb

This is “HONEYCOMB” and it’s made from 1 jelly roll and about 2m of the cream background – plus your borders and backing etc. It’s 82” x 82” and easy to make cos it’s quilt-as-you-go!!! I’m going to pop the PDF pattern on my sidebar for a little while for just $7.50!!! HOHOHO :o)!!!! I can email the pattern to you as soon as payment is received … NO POSTAGE, YAY :o)!!!!

Well I’d better go and start the day …. I’m still sitting here in my jammies he he he!!!

Take care …

Hugs,

Joy :o)

6 comments:

Allie said...

Now that looks like a fun day - love the little angels! And ooo yummy fabrics! Love your honeycomb pattern.
Nothing better than blogging in jammies, I say. *G*

BronnyB said...

Oh no....I MUST resist....jellyroll you say??? quilt as you go you say???? ....oh dear..work computer won't let me click on the sidebar...I may be safe..I'll just browse your website in my lunch-hour....
NOOOOOOO...not fair...trying desperately not to drool over possibilities - I have WAY TOO MANY cross-stitching projects to complete to take up patchwork/quilting...no no no no no.... I must resist...
(sigh - only postponing the inevitable!) See me after christmas!

Micki said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day. I loved the angels so much!
Micki

Cheryl said...

Hi Joy.... Cute little angel chrissy decs!! How sweet :-) Yoyos are the most versatile little things aren't they??
Beautiful snowing on your blog too!
hugs Chery xx

Sew Useful Designs said...

Darling Joy!

Ho Ho Ho, indeed! Wow - looks like you had a beaut of a day! And I love your little angels as much as I am loving your new blog look! How gorgeous is that background!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!
Hugs ! Vikki xoxo

Dawn said...

Looks like you and Bear had a fab time... lots of goodies to be had....I too love the snow falling gently on the page...
Hugs Dawn x x....