Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A finish and some squishy mail.

This quilt has been three quarters done and hanging on the back of my sewing chair for MONTHS!!! April 2010 198 Shame on me – I know!! All it needed were the borders!!! I don’t know why I didn’t just do it …. so glad I finally did cos I really like it :o)!!! It’s the second quilt I’ve made from this design called “Honeycomb” that I did last year - here’s the original….

and here’s the back of the new one …April 2010 205 Because it’s quilt-as-you-go it’s easy to make the back pretty too … so it’s reversible. Now all I have to do is put the label on :o).

Now I’m ready to start a new project … and I got a lovely parcel of inspiration in the mail last week!!April 2010 158 Mmmm …… ‘Mill House Inn’ :o)

AND …… ‘Rural Jardin’ - yummm :o)

… just gawjus … from any angle ;o)!!!

I have NO IDEA what I’ll make from these, I’m still just enjoying looking at them at the moment he he.

I hope all you Aussies had a lovely long weekend!!!!

13 comments:

Terry said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks wonderful! :0)

Sandi said...

It's great to get the UFO's finished, I know we all have them...lol. Your quilt looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love the Effect the White gives to this Quilt...Great Job on a Finish..looking forward to seeing what you do with your new fabrics..
cheers

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Gotta love those yellow plastic postage bags! Such excitement when they arrive.

Maria said...

Gawjus finish and a QAYG too I just love them.

Oh what wonderful fabric to play with

Vicki ♥ said...

Oh I do love your new quilt Joy and it is so pretty :) Glad you finished it and I know you are too. Love your new aquisitions too...yummmmm! I know you will have fun with them. Hugs Vicki xoxoxoxo

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Joy! Congratulations on a great finish!

Allie said...

That's a lovely quilt, Joy, and I love your mail!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another finished project and I love all your fabrics. Yum Yum.

Andrea said...

How lovely to pop into your blog Joy for a visual feast of quilts, fabric and flowers, just love the pink Gerberas in their pink vase.

Dawn said...

another finish for OPAM.. looks fab Joy... well done... a great looking pattern..and I dooo sooo lurvvve those Fig fabrics...LOL...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely fabrics. I like the positive and negative light in this quilt. You can see different things in the shapes. Love that.

wonderwoman said...

your quilt looks lovely Joy and so does all that gawjus fabric!!!

xx