Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Attention all stitchers from UK and France ;o)!!!

As you would probably have guessed by now, I’m getting a bit excited about our upcoming visit to see my gawjus girl and her partner in London …18459_256177823178_656333178_4335273_1687739_n That’s my Tahlia in the red coat with her partner Luke on the left. The other couple are my DS Ross and his lovely wife Alicia – they visited UK last Christmas. I cannot wait to give Tahlia and Luke a great big hug – I miss them SO much!! Only 3 more sleeps til we leave :oD!!!!!!

Of course, we’ll also be doing some travelling around and some sight seeing, so I was hoping my friends in the UK might be able to help me out and let me know where the patchwork shops are over there as I’d love to check them out :o). We’ll be hiring a car for part of the holiday and plan to travel around a bit. We’ll also be going to France and spending a week in Nice so if there are any stores around there I’d love to hear about them too ;o).

I haven’t started packing yet … but I have to say, all of our suitcases are looking much smarter now, thanks to Fiona from Bubz Rugz – look what arrived in the mail yesterday…September 2010 162 and when I opened it up …

3 GAWJUS luggage tags for our suitcases!!!!!!!!!! Don’t they look smart now (try to ignore my DHs guitar stuff in the background he he he). Bear (my DD2) also snaffled the pretty pink ribbon to go on hers :o)  ….September 2010 168 We’ll have NO trouble picking out our bags on the carousels now!! THANK YOU SO MUCH Fiona … your thoughtfulness just warms my heart :o)!!! I LOVE them :o)!!!

I’d better be off … I still have HEAPS to do before we go ….

19 comments:

Terry said...

Have a wonderful trip Joy! Love the luggage tags! :0)

Jo in TAS said...

Bon Voyage Joy! Have a fabulous time!

RobynLouise said...

Have a safe trip and a lovely holiday! Love the cute tags!

Penny said...

Have a blast!

Graciela said...

Que tengas un hermoso viaje Joy !!! mucha suerte y hasta pronto !!!
kisses for you from Argentina

Grethe said...

Have a lovely holiday!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So exciting.....have the best trip Joy...take care....safe travels..Peg xx

Vicki ♥ said...

Woooo hoooo I know you are not going to get much sleep until you are on that plane Joy :) Do have a wonderful fabulous time and travel safe and all come home safe and sound :) Hugsssss Vicki xoxox

Chris H said...

I can't help you with the shops and where to find them sorry! But the luggage tags are adorable! Have a wonderful time and shop till ya drop!

wonderwoman said...

yay!!! sooo exciting!!! You know my fav shop is in Bath so am hoping you may come down that way!!!

xxx

Unknown said...

Wow! that's come around Quick...Have the Best Time & Travel Safe...looking forward to all your pics when you get back.
cheers

Pat Earnest said...

Have a great trip! Hope you find some interesting quilt shops along the way. Enjoy the differences.

Maria said...

How exciting ,only two more sleeps now. Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday.

trash said...

I knew Maria Hope we get to see you down this way.was going to say that!

Love Bears All Things said...

Have fun! Your luggage looks great. I know what it is like to be away from your children.
Mama Bear

Teresa said...

How lovely of Fiona to send you those tags.. they are lovely.
Have a wonderful, safe, happy, healthy, AWESOME holiday Joy. Look out UK and France!!! I shall live it all through you xx

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy-Belle! Have a fabulous holiday and take LOTS of photos so we feel like we're on the trip with you! I'm sure you'll have lots of adventures and have lots of stories to share when you get home! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Pam said...

Hope you have a really great holiday Joy.

Aunty said...

Have a great holiday. Can't wait to hear all your stories.