Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 down 3 to go!!

Just to let you know that I've been busy. I've got 2 of the stitcheries for my Rebel quilt done now. How cute is the 'Rebel' Angel ... don't you love her jeans and boots!!?! Adorable!!I made a mad dash to my local quilt store - Bayside Stitchcraft on Monday afternoon. I got an idea in my head and I just HAD to buy the fabrics then and there!!! Do you ever get like that LOL?? I found exactly what I wanted ... and more!!! Isn't that trim totally irresistable ..... AND it matches the fabrics I bought perfectly - they are 'Charm Bracelet' by Wyndham. The trim doesn't go with the design I have in mind at all but there's bound to be leftovers so I'll use it with those. Gorgeous!!!I got a lovely email from my Stitcher's Angel swap partner in UK. She's received the last of my gifties to her and was very pleased with them :o) (yay). It's been a terrific swap - my first - and I've had such fun doing it. Huge thanks must go to Helen for all her hard work in organising it, and to all the designers - May Britt, Sue Daly, Lynette Anderson, plumcute designs, Cotton Spice and of course Helen too. Thank you all sooo much for giving us all such a fun swap!!!

I went to the Craft and Quilt fair today and I'm going again tomorrow so I can do some workshops and learn some new tricks :o)!!! I met up with another blogger friend in there too that I haven't seen for ages ... hi Jeanette :o), it was great to see her, wish we'd had more time ... so much to do and see there!!! The quilts on show were fantastic too. So much talent - just blows me away. I got lots of goodies. I've fallen in love with Threadworx threads so I bought some more of those ... got some cute buttons, a back issue of "Inspirations" that I've been after for a while .... that was a lucky find!!! Also found a really sweet scissor keep kit - going to do the workshop for that tomorrow cos I've never done beading before - the lady assured me it was easy peasy. I also grabbed some more little scissors cos I'm always losing mine!!!... and isn't this a great idea "Mug 'ems" ... a pressie in a mug!!! You can put the dry ingredients in a mug for any one of a bunch of different yummy recipes, tie it up with a pretty ribbon and there you have a lovely gift!!! ... and the other book, you make up a big batch of master muffin mix and keep it in the pantry so that each time you want to make muffins you have the dry part of the mix already done for you, you just take out what you need and add your flavourings!!! Love it!!

That's it from me for now ... need coffee :o)

take care,

Joy :o)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute little teasures you have. Looks like your going to have lots of fun.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your on a roll with the Rebel stitcheries. Very cute.
Love all your goodies from shopping. You can never have too many pairs of scissors. I am a scissor addict. There I said it. LOL
Love that trim too. It matches the fabric perfect.

wonderwoman said...

your stitcheries look lovely, such fun! and gorgeous fabrics - you can never, ever, have too much fabric!


xx

Scottish Nanna said...

My daughter found your blog and put me on to it .I like all your goodies you got at the show your stitcheries are so nice.I live at logan Am just learning quilting or trying to LOL.
Hugs Mary.