Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cupcakes and swaps!

My DD2 is having a lot of fun with the new oven. Here's the latest batch of cuppycakes. They are all pink for October - Breast Cancer awareness month. We bought the Green's packet mix from the supermarket because they donate part of the price to Breast Cancer research and we even decorated a couple of them with the bow ... cute huh?? We had the family over on Sunday afternoon to see our new kitchen and the cakes didn't last long ....... very yummy :o).

The decorating is all but done .... the floor didn't get a look in but hey, I'm not that worried - the tiles have been sitting there for 2 years - what's 1 more ;o). DH has worked hard the first half of his hols ... time for a break :o).

Nothing really to report. I've been stitching my cot quilt - nope, that doesn't mean I have fabulous news of a new arrival LOL ... just that I want to make a cot quilt :o) ...... but hey, you never know what the future holds - best to be prepared :oD!!!
I did manage to send off my second stitcher's angel pressie - I hope she likes it!! I'm wondering if she's guessed who I am??? I haven't really given any clues except that I'm from Australia ... and that's on the envelope anyway he he. This is pressie number two ... so if ***** visits my blog she will most certainly know who I am LOL!!!I put in a few little extras ...... an aussie choccy - Caramello Koala ;o) and a couple of other little things. This is such fun :o). All I know about mine is that she's from Norway - no clues other than that yet - I can't wait to find out who she is though.
Speaking of swaps ... I'm also in the polka dot and rick rack swap so I've been sorting out my polka dot fabrics for that. I've made a couple of things and I've got another couple in mind - I've still got a few weeks before I have to post that one and it's going far far away too :o).
That's all for now ... enjoy this gorgeous Spring weather ...
Take care,
Joy :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one busy lady! The fabrics and cupcakes look delicious!

Jennifer said...

Yum! I love cupcakes! My favorite cupcake cookbook is "Crazy About Cupcakes" by Krystina Castella. Its definitely worth checking out!