Friday, October 3, 2008

Kitchen Done!!! :o)

Doesn't it look pretty!!! My new kitchen is done (all but the floors!!). The only casualty being a few tiles that bit the dust as the bench was being put in ... no biggy ... now we buy new tiles :o). I have pork chops in the oven cooking away as I type this. The oven is superb!! You can actually see through the window ... imagine that (tee hee)!!! The cooktop is all clean and shiny and new too .... oooh I'm like a kid with a new toy!! Want to bake a cake ... and biccies ... and cupcakes ... and a roast ..... and......!!! Hold me back LOL!!
Don't panic, I really don't think this fascination with my kitchen is going to be long lasting. Not that I don't like to cook ... I do, but just not that often. I have to be in the mood ...... I get an urge every now and then to bake a cake, or to create some pretty cupcakes - but it soon passes LOL.
DH is still painting. The laundry got some much needed TLC again today. The old tubs have had a coat of paint and the doors are looking like new. Even my sewing room door got painted today too!
I did manage to get some stitching done today too :o). I've finished 4 out of 5 appliqued blocks for my new cot quilt pattern - then just the pieced blocks to make. I'm loving the colours ... piccies coming soon :o).
Gotta get back in my kitchen .......... :o)
Take care ...
Joy :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your kitchen looks nice. Too bad I live so far away or I'd drop in to see whats cooking!

I like the new header on yor blog. Are those pin cushions? Very cute!

I also don't know how you find time to sew with so much other stuff going on around the house. I must be attention deficit or something because I have to put my sewing aside during harvest. I can't focus on both. lol I can't wait to get back at it!!