Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hope you all had a FABULOUS Australia Day!!!

We sure did!!! We went to our friends Valerie and Bob’s for a bbq … mmmmm, roast lamb on the barbie, chicken and snags …. YUMMM. Not to mention the backyard cricket and cane toad races lol. Not real toads, oh no thank you, I really couldn’t imagine having to touch one of those ugly brutes … no, these were the cute pink plastic variety … and Valerie won!!! That’s me on the left coming second last [[sigh]]!!!January 10 336This was one of the prizes for the day … isn’t it a fun stubby cooler, it even had a hat to keep the flies out of the beer LOL!!January 10 349It was very hot but most cooled off in the pool …. what a fun day it was :o)!!

I’m still doing my “eBay renovations”. Bear’s room is done now I’m doing my sewing room. I’ve bought an old Canadian banker’s desk – it’s about 50–60 years old I’m told.January 10 372 I now have lots of lovely drawers to keep my fat quarters in …January 10 375 And a certain someone else has found herself a nice comfy spot too LOL ….January 10 373

Here’s a sneaky peek at what I’ll have for you on the Among the Gumtrees blog on Monday ……………..January 10 369It’s my turn to bring you a freebie pattern, can you guess what it is??? It’s a very handy item … we use ours all the time :o).

Don’t forget you can get your 2nd blocks in Cheryl‘s “Under the Sea” BOM and Vicky’s “Flirting with Flowers” BOM on Monday too!!!


13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you had the perfect day Joy..great stubby holder...love the desk, perfect size those drawers...is that all we get to see, come on Joy just a bit more......LOL..

Annie Bee said...

Lovely old desk and how cute is that special one in her comfy spot. I can't wait till Monday to see what you have for us at Gumtrees.

manda said...

lol Do they still have the biggest cane toad competition? Last years biggest toad was 8kgs! Eh! Such gross things they are. I heard this noise the other night, and thiking it was an owl, grabbed a torch and the camera, and went out looking. We live next to a big park with a creek running thrugh it. Anyway, eventually I tracked down the noise, and it was this jolly great big fat toad sitting there in the creek, calling. Honestly, I was so disappointed it wasn't an owl!
I found a tawny the next night, so I wasn't disappointed for very long!
Typical cat! What's her name? We have to keep all boxes and baskets and drawers shut or out of reach, as our oldest and biggest cat has taken to peeing in them. He does it out of revenge though, as we took his kitty litter away and are trying to toilet train them all. As in Litter Quitter train them. He's the only one out of the five who just doesn't seem to get it and resents us for it!
I love all that yummy fabric in that drawer!! I must organize all mine too, thanks for reminding me!
I haven't a clue what your freebie might be, but it looks interesting, and I love the fabric you've used!!

Maria said...

Looks like you had heaps of fun and food.
Love your new desk.Cats always seem to find the best spots.
Can't wait to see your freebie on Monday

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it was a fabulous celebration.

That desk is perfect. There is so much space in those drawers for the fabrics.

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Belated Australia Day! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. And thanks for saying "barbie" LOL!

Micki said...

It sounds like a wonderful celebration! The desk is just lovely...I have an antique desk that is awesome.
Micki

Jeanette said...

Love the desk. Trust the gorgeous puss to find a comfy spot there. Sounds like a fun day was had by all. Hugs, Jeanette

Sharon said...

Looks like a wonderfully happy time for all; especially the kitty. Can't wait to see the full project from today's peek. Hate to be ignorant but what is a snag? Thanks
Sharon

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hello gorgeous gumnut gal!!! :-)

Geesh I love that stubby holder - what a hoot! :-) As for your new desk... *drooooooool* it is delicious!!! I love the fat quarter storage... and so does your little furry darling so it seems!!! :-)

Hugs!!! Vikki xoxo

wonderwoman said...

looks like you had a fun day - what are snags???
I just love your new desk and look forward to seeing what is coming on Monday!!

xxx

Cath Ü said...

Love that desk Joy..... and a terrific place to keep your fat 1/4's
My fabric is on the bolt and I keep them in filing cabinets...with wide draws.. works well....
Cath Ü

Janice said...

It looks like you were a lot of big kids on Australia Day. Good fun! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished sewing room. The big desk must be the best.