Friday, December 12, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas .....laaaaaa la la la laaa.....

I got a lovely surprise in the mail!!!
Maria (who was my secret Stitchers Angel partner in Helen's recent swap) has sent me a Christmas gift ..... all the way from UK!!!!! Thank you so much Maria for putting such a big smile on my face!!! I'm being very good and I haven't opened it - I have the best intentions of keeping it until Christmas Day ... but I make no promises he he he. Honestly, there's never any pressies under the tree for me before Christmas because I'm a "sneaky peeker"!!! Can't help it ... ;o).
I've taken some piccies of some of the older handmade deccies on our tree ..... this one has the date on it so it's easy to see when I made this one...It was a project I made when I joined a local cross-stitch club. This next one always gives me a giggle. DD2 made this one in 2nd grade - she's 15 (almost 16) now so it's a real sentimental favourite of mine :o) ...She's so cute!!! Here's another cross-stitch one, probably about 11 or 12 years old too ... I think it was a kit (???)... starting to look a bit shabby around the edges [sigh]...I've been running around the shops (figure of speech of course - I don't run anywhere LOL!!!) looking for a gift for my MIL ... can't find anything ... so I've decided to make her a bag. I've sorted through my stash and found some really cute fabrics and I'll do this Bronwyn Hayes (love her work!!!) stitchery to go on the pocket...................I'll show you when it's finished.
That's all from me for now ... I'm off to battle the crowds and do more shopping today!!! Wish me luck he he he....
Take care ..........
Hugs,
Joy :o)

4 comments:

Sherri said...

The fabrics are lovely...they'll make a great bag!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy! Like your decorations, a few of us are shabby around the edges after the last 12 or so years! Tee! Hee! Hee! A fave movie quote from Indiana Jones is "It aint the years, Honey, it's the mileage! :0) I love that Bronwyn Hayes stitchery! I included it in a quilt I finished earlier in the year that featured nine of her designs in redwork with shabby chic green and red borders - it's my fave quilt so far and is in the lounge room to enjoy every day - have fun stitching! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Anonymous said...

it does look a lot like christmas at your house! just lovely joy! would you like to come to my house and decorate my tree??? *vbg* toni :O)

wonderwoman said...

looks like someone is going to get a lovely bag! and love your decs, they are sweet.

no peeking!!!

xxx