Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow storm!!!!

Not what you're thinking I'm sure ...... don't forget, I come from sunny Queensland, Australia!!! It's a rarity to get snow here and we definitely don't get any in Brisbane!! Nope, this is something completely different .... perhaps I should have called this post "SnowMAN storm" he he he.
I went to visit my friend Gwen (no blog) yesterday and I was blown away by all of her fabulous snowmen!!! I think I see a bit of an obsession there LOL, everywhere I turned there was another gorgeous snowman - and most of these she made herself!!! Very clever friend I have :o). Here's a few of them for you to see ... Mr and Mrs Frosty ........
The kids .....Snowman swag ...Snowball fight...... (my favourite - aren't they cute??!!?!)Frosty hanging on the back of the chair ....Another swag ... this time vertical ;o) ...

Snowman stitchery ....And last but not least this smily chap :o)!!You can imagine how festive Gwen's house looked ........ AND the Christmas tree was covered in snowmen too!!!!

On another subject, I was surprised by how many emails/comments I received about my Mum's little red bag on the last post. I've decided I might do a tutorial on it ... what do you think??

Take care,

Hugs,

Joy :o)

8 comments:

Sherri said...

Love Gwen's snowmen...and yes, please do a tutorial!

Jeanette said...

The snowmen all look so cute. A tutorial would be great Joy.

Kim said...

I love the snowman. Tutorials are good. When I saw your post about snow storm I thought that a little strange lol. We are having the start of a snow storm right now and it will last until Sunday night.

Debbie said...

Hi Joy, The snowmen are fantastic, does she make up the patterns herself? I have never seen so many different ways to sew snowmen, the swag is great. The little red bag would be handy as a tutorial thanks.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love all the snowmen, no snow here either, ever, yes to the turtorial, great bag.

Jeni said...

love the snowmen all around the house...looks great

wonderwoman said...

amazing snowmen and YES PLEASE to the tutorial!!!

happy christmas

xxxxxxxxx

Kim said...

Hi Joy,

The snowstorm dumped a couple more inches lol and will get 5 more tomorrow. I was wondering where your friend found the flake stitchery. I have looked and I can't find it anywhere.