Monday, February 1, 2010

February Freebie - "Where's the Remote???"

Have you been over to the Among the Gumtrees blog today??? Pop on over and have a look ... my new freebie is there for you to download and the February newsletter is out too so that you can catch up on what we've all been doing throughout January.
Here's my design for you ... it's called "Where's the Remote???". A super armchair caddy for you to keep all those remotes in, rather than hiding them behind the cushions or under the couch ...... hmmm, or is that just in my house LOL???So quick and easy to make ... and no more searching for the dratted remote lol!!!! He he ... there's no doubt now where the remote should live now :o)!!
I used one of the sweet rolls from the Moda Bakeshop ~ but it's ok if you don't have one, all you'll need is some 1 1/2" strips from your stash, a couple of fat quarters and your binding and batting ;o).Pop on over to the Among the Gumtrees blog where you can download the pattern for FREE!!! And remember, there's a new pattern on the first of each month so be sure to keep an eye out for them :o).

Don't forget too that your second block in Cheryl's "Under the Sea" BOM ~ "Frances the Fish" is coming out today so you can visit there too and see how handsome Frances is :o).

14 comments:

wonderwoman said...

what a great idea - we are always losing ours - usually ends up down the cushions!!!

xxxx

Julia said...

What a great idea -but my Dh has about 9 remotes!!
Will have to make a bigger caddy or buy a universal remote!
Julia ♥

Needled Mom said...

What a great idea. It would keep all of those remotes in order.

Allie said...

It's darling sweetie, thank you so much!

Bec said...

A fabulous idea Joy!

Annie Bee said...

Joy I love your remote control holder. We went to one remote control not long ago. It would be lovely in my sewing room though.

Anne Thompson said...

Hi Joy, I love this remote holder - not only can I stop my children's greasy fingers on the arm of the couch but now we can find the remotes as well. I've already printed out the pattern and am ready to go!

Cristina said...

That has been nice, I took some time thinking about making one. I hope encourage me to do so soon.
kisses from Spain

Julie said...

Great idea though I'm sure anybody here would put them away every time!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Joy! And the perfect solution to that age old problem!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow this is just so good Joy...thanks so much..Peg xx

SewAmy said...

Joy, I love this pattern you have made up. It is fabulous. I am going to try to start making one for our home. thank you.

Teresa said...

Your Remote holder is gorgeous... way better than my old sad and sorry black one... Will definately be making this and will enjoy throwing the old one out!!! Thank you so much Joy xx

Cath Ü said...

that is really nice....
Cath Ü