Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love squishy mail :o)

I had a lovely surprise this week when I got these treasures in the mail!!! They’re my PIF gifties from Cheryl … aren’t they just fabulous!!??!! I just love the olde worlde look of this little floss pouch with it’s mother of pearl buttons on the front …

AND it’s got flossies in it for me too!!! And I’ll have NO excuse for not labelling my handmade pressies for people cos Cheryl has also included these adorable little labels. Thank you so much dear Cheryl … I love it all :o)

I also got a lovely surprise from Judith … isn’t this a great idea!!??! On the back there’s a little plastic sleeve for my name and address :o). Now I’ll have no trouble finding my luggage when we travel to UK to see Tahlia (DD1) … and it’s SO ‘Aussie’ too, love that :o)!! February 10 105Thanks so much Judith … you’re such a sweety!!!

As I’ve mentioned before I stitch with a couple of dear friends on a Wednesday and we finished this little project this week. It’s a basket cover designed by Leanne Beasley and the pattern was in Country Threads quite a long time ago ……… Yes, it’s been on my “To Do” list that long LOL. Does that give you a clue how long my list is **chuckle**!!??

That’s Valerie’s on the left, it’s going to live in her bathroom with handtowels and guest soaps in it. Lynn’s is in the middle … not sure what she’s using hers for (??). Lastly that’s mine on the left. I’ll be keeping my beads and jewellery making bits and bobs in mine, at the moment it’s all in a plastic bag so this is a GREAT improvement he he he.

Of course, as usual Sophie had to check it out for comfort while I was trying to take piccies for you ……

looks to me like it passed the test LOL.

I finished writing up the pattern to my new project yesterday … YAY!!!! So keep an eye out here cos I can feel a giveaway coming on ;o)!!

12 comments:

Terry said...

What great goodies you got in the mail! And I love those basket covers! Leanne has beautiful designs! :0)

Jeanette said...

Love all the lovely goodies you received. But tell me please where did you get the basket. I've been wanting to make the basket liner for years but can never find a basket. Hugs, Jeanette (living in hope to find the basket)

Lurline said...

Lots of goodies and Sophie is a trick, isn't she?
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sharon said...

Love the gifts! You have some really good friends to make you such lovelies! The lined baskets are great! And the kitty is is the cutest thing. I'd just have to give him/her one for a bed. You are so talented to do such beautiful handwork!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Oh Joy! I want one too! I love this pattern and wish I'd found it in Country Threads all that time ago....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the luggage tag made by Judith....and your basket cover is gorgeous Joy my very dear friend Dale made me one a few years back as a present...

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gifts and such lovely stitching Joy !

allsewnup said...

Such a wonderful collection of goodies.

Carolyn

Perri said...

Enjoy your gifts, they are pretty :-))
Pleased that Sophie gives your stitching basket her approval :-))
Happy stitching, P

Annie Bee said...

Beautiful goodies and I love the Basket with your kitty in it - she knows a good thing when she sees it.

Jude said...

Joy I think the baskets are wonderfiul, they were worth the wait. The luggage label is great and I shall be making some for myself as i am off to America in April.

Nanette Merrill said...

Sophie has the right idea! Cute stuff.