Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Have I mentioned that I don’t like housework????

I bet I have ….. it really is a pain!!! I’ve just finished one of the yukkiest jobs there is. Cleaning the oven. Don’t bother scrolling down cos I didn’t take a piccy …. oh no, I wouldn’t do that to you LOL {{{blechhh}}}. My friend told me that you can actually pay a guy to come out and do it for you ~ that’s all he does, he cleans ovens!!! I have to wonder who on earth would want to do that all day everyday?? Maybe I should start saving now so that he can come and do mine next time ;o)!!! I must admit though, my oven does look lovely now that it’s all sparkly clean. Maybe I’ll just stop cooking he he he, then it won’t get dirty again.


Now that I’ve done that most unpleasant job I can show you what I found in the newsagent the other day …. February 10 005 - Copy Nice magazine …. but wait ….. what’s that teeny tiny piccy in the bottom left hand corner (no … NOT the barcode ~ NEXT to the barcode)??? Well it looks like my “Daisy Knot” bag!!!! Hang on, I know it’s hard to see. How’s this……..February 10 005 He he … yep, that’s my “Daisy Knot” bag :o) *VBG*!!! This pattern was published in Country Threads a couple of years ago (or more???) so it was quite a thrill to see it in a magazine again ~ and on the cover no less :o)!! WooHoo!!February 10 006 Don’t they take gorgeous piccies!!!


Have you been to the Among the Gumtrees blog yet for your free “Where’s the Remote???” pattern??I'd love to hear what you think of it :o). And also don’t forget to pop over to see Vicki as she has a free BOM too - “Flirting with Flowers”, you can find block two, ‘Dancing Daisies’, here.


I’m off to do some stitching now … I think I’ve earned it ;o).

16 comments:

Denise :) said...

LOL Joy! Just for *considering* cleaning the oven you deserve plenty of stitch time. Darling bag; and it does photo well! Happy sewing! :)

arlette said...

Congrats for being in the mag, it's a cute bag :)!

Monica said...

I don't know Joy. I can think of other cleaning jobs that are ickier.

P.S. Love the bag!

Unknown said...

That is a lovely bag Joy !

quiltinbysea said...

Joy, there are ovens on the market that clean themselves!, yes I know! gobsmacking isn't it! but its true, The bag is lovely, and yep did photograph beautifully.
Congrats on being published - again!
Andrea

Jeanette said...

Hey Joy since you are experienced now at cleaning ovens would you like to do mine? :) heh heh. I think i have that bag pattern somewhere. :) Hugs, Jeanette. PS: your free pattern is just what i need, Thanks for sharing it

Allie said...

Ew oven cleaning - blech! Congrats on getting published AGAIN, how cool is that! And yes, I got the pattern, it's wonderful Joy, I hope to make it soon!

Annie Bee said...

I saw that mag in the newsagents today. If only I could get to my back issues of Aust Threads I might just find it. They are all still in storage from my move 18 months ago.
PS I hate housework too - oven cleaning is the pits.

RG said...

Yep me too!!
Housework is a waste of time...lol
It'd be nice if it stayed the way it is when it's clean!!

This is so funny.
Your Daisy knot bag... lovely be the way!
Well I found this in my old Address Book thingy a couple of days ago, and relised it was yours and now here it is again...lol

Nice one Joy... the bag that keeps returning... la la la.. or something like that!
Boomerang bag!!

Ok, I'm done...snicker :p

RG said...

...and Oh!!
Are you sposed to clean ovens?? ;)

Jenny said...

Lovely bag. You've almost inspired me to clean my oven too!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Joy,
I'm in England but just have to get my sewing mitts on your bag pattern. It is absoultly gorgeous and I love the colours. I'm new to blogging and love making things that I can use. Also this is very weird. My middle name is Joy, my parents emigrated from Queenssland to England in 1947, my son's name is Ross, I hate housework and especially hate cleaning the cooker. Hence I tend to use the microwave a great deal. Also means I get more time in the craft pod.
Please tell me how to get your pattern as I'm itching to get stitching.

wonderwoman said...

i can't even remember the last time i cleaned mine!!! I think you deserve a medal! Love your bag, great photo and how lovely to be published!

xx

Nanette Merrill said...

Sometimes I wonder if I started quilting to avoid housework! Cute stuff here Joy.

SewAmy said...

I Joy, I made a remote holder and posted about it on my blog. I love it. THank you for the pattern.

Cath Ü said...

I love that bag... well done... it is very cute...
Cath Ü