Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fun and games on the weekend!!

We had such a fun weekend!!! Where DH works they run a ‘social club’ and the day out they organised this time was at Tangalooma resort on Moreton Island, about a 1 hour boat trip from us in Brisbane. We had lunch at the resort and this was the view from our table ……….February 10 183 isn’t that fabulous??!! And we were so lucky – the weather was kind and we had stunning day for it too!!! Of course, my DH wanted to try out some of the fabulous activities offered there so we ended up doing this ….Darryl quaddy I must admit, I was pretty nervous at first but once I got the hang of it it was a blast!!! Joy quaddy We had a tremendous time!!!

I learnt something else new this week, this time more like my normal stitchy tastes ~ Sashiko …….February 10 211 (2) We’re doing a workshop at the quilting group I go to and these will become part of a bag. I’m really looking forward to making it next Monday :o).

I got together with friends Valerie and Lynn (no blogs) today and we made these …February 10 203 12 little rewards card wallets using my tutorial (up on my left sidebar). We make things throughout the year to donate to the Nursing home where Valerie volunteers as they have a little stall at Christmas time to raise money for some special treats for the residents.

Don't forget my pattern "Pretty Pleats" will only remain on special until Sunday so be quick if you'd like one.

What have you been up to this week??

13 comments:

Annie Bee said...

I love Tangalooma - it was one of the best families holidays we ever had there. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Those little reward card wallets are sooo pretty.

Fee said...

Those little wallets are gorgeous Joy - The bike looks like a lot of fun - Glad you had a nice day.

Unknown said...

We have a couple of 4-wheelers here and I ride them all summer long. Riding on sand could be a little scarey though.

Those little wallets are cute, I think I'll make some for a fund raiser. Thanks for the idea and tutorial!

Thimbleanna said...

You've been busy Joy! Love the shot of you with the helmet LOL!

wonderwoman said...

o wow, what a place!!! I'm not jealous at all - especially as its chucking it down with rain at the moment!!!

xxx

Cath Ü said...

looks like you all had a wonderful time... what a lovely idea re the wallets etc....

I am back home again now.. so I will start back into my work again today..
Caths Blog
Cath Ü

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The bikes look great fun...love your Sashiko Joy....and the wallets ae cute...

Amanda said...

Joy, that resort looks like a great spot to relax! My mum has made me a card wallet, I use it for my most used cards. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Allie said...

Wah - I need a vacation like that, it looks so fun! Love your sashiko - my girlfriend just bought a sewing machine that duplicates it, can you imagine? I'd rather do it by hand, myself. Love your little wallets!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Sashiko was one of the first things I did when I began stitching in 2005...I went crazy and made 3 bags in a week, but haven't done anything with sashiki since. It's so pretty, Joy - or should I cal you WILD THING!! LOL!!

Micki said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday, ahd the wallets are so cute!
Micki

Jude said...

Looks like you had a ball at DH social day. The sashiko is new to me and I am eagerly awaiting to see the finished bag.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Ah sweetie!!! Not only do you look great on a motorbike, you look awesome on a Quad as well!!! I'm just catching up with my favourite blogs... and of course yours and our gum sisters are top of my list!! Loved reading up till the current post - gosh you've been a busy gal!!!! I love your new design sweetie, and the gorgeous workshop bag, and the cute teacup dolls! They're on my -to-do- list too!!! Lots of love gawjus-one!!!!
Vikki xoxoxoxoxoxoxo